Friday 26 February 2010

I'm ill

This morning I woke and immediately knew that there was something wrong. There was a tightness in my chest and pain racked my whole body. It was clear that all was not well. I asked my wife to call an ambulance and then waited for the paramedics to arrive.

I was right to summon help as the paramedics agreed with my diagnosis… I do indeed have man flu. Yes, I know what you’re going to say… what a cruel irony after all I’ve been through this past year for me finally to be struck down by one of the most virulent and debilitating illnesses known to man.

Of course, there are a few people who dismiss man flu as some sort of psychosomatic disorder. Well, they used to say the same about ME. What I’d like to know is what is the World Health Organisation doing to eradicate this vicious ailment? It’s all very well fighting AIDS, TB and malaria but there are people suffering every day with man flu. If women got man flu there would be huge pressure to increase research and spending in order to combat the disease. I mean, women complain about childbirth and period pains but these things are nothing compared to what we men go through when we get a cold. If you don’t believe me then watch this… UPDATE: Proof at last

7 comments:

  1. Yup, sounds like me

    Theo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw this before but it still made me laugh. Luckily my son isn't like that but hubby definitely is!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent! At last this dibilitating illness is getting the recognition and resources it deserves!
    Atchoo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What can I say... absolutly brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should see the dramatics my husband puts on when he has the sniffles - I laugh at him and he tells me that his father would understand what he's going through!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Natalie, you girls just don't understand what we poor creatures go through. We're genetically different from females and I'm certain that the Y chromosome carries some special marker gene that makes a cold far more dangerous to a man. It's high time there was some research carried out on the subject. Do you think we blokes make a big fuss for the sake of it? We suffer terribly every time you give us one of your colds...

    ReplyDelete
  7. What you need TM is a holiday in Bangkok. Hot, humid and great fun. Man flu would be put to the back of your mind.

    Feel free to pop over and I will show you around.

    ReplyDelete